When it comes to anime quotes, there’s no shortage of wisdom, emotion, dark humor, and inspiration, from Goku quotes to Sailor Moon’s sayings.
But which anime quote reigns supreme? Is it the motivational “believe in yourself” advice from Inuyasha’s Kagome or the comical “you must gather your party before venturing forth” line from anime-turned-meme Spice and Wolf?
From Goku’s famous “I am the almighty Super Saiyan!” to L from Death Note’s cryptic musings, anime characters have a way of leaving a lasting impression with their words.
Whatever your pick may be, one thing is for sure: anime has no shortage of quotable moments.
So grab some snacks, put on your favorite anime, and get ready to be inspired (or entertained) by these timeless words of wisdom. Who knows? You may find your new life motto.
Dark Anime Quotes
While dark anime quotes can sometimes be disturbing or unsettling, they also provide valuable insights on uncomfortable topics and remind you never to take life for granted.
These quotes make us think deeply about our actions and their consequences on others.
So explore the darker side of anime through these thought-provoking quotes. Who knows, you may find a new favorite to ponder over.
Asta – Black Clover
“Even if you weren’t chosen, even if you weren’t wanted, even if you aren’t forgiven… You need to stand your ground no matter how pathetic you are!” – Asta
All Might – My Hero Academia
“I smile… to trick the fear inside me”
Armin Arlert – Attack on Titan
“People who can’t throw something important away can never hope to change anything.”
Bang Silver Fang – One-Punch Man
“You are too young too worry about failure. In a pinch, just muddle through. The outcome won’t change, so that’s best.”
Donquixote Doflamingo – One Piece
The weak should run while they still can or be swept away by the tides of time. As they role back to reveal a new era of champions.
Edward Elric – Fullmetal Alchemist
Like I always say, can’t find a door? Make your own.
Eren Yeager – Attack on Titan
It doesn’t matter how strong the opposition is. It doesn’t matter how fearsome the world is, it doesn’t matter how cruel the world is. FIGHT.
Erza Scarlet – Fairy Tail
If you truly desire greatness, you must first know what makes you weak!
Escanor – Seven Deadly Sins
Why should I feel pitty for someone who is clearly weaker than I am? I only feel sorry for them.
Do Not Live Bowing Down, You Must Die Standing Up!
Gojo Satoru – Jujutsu Kaisen
I’m the strongest there is, after all.
Gon Freecss – Hunter × Hunter
If you want to get know someone, find out what makes them angry.
There are no shortcuts. Only hard work, Train hard and be patient, it will pay off.
Izuku Midoriya – My Hero Academia
Giving help thats not asked for is what makes a true hero!
Izuku Midoriya – My Hero Academia
If I can’t save the one small girl in front of me, how can I become a hero that saves everyone?
Kamado Tanjiro Quotes
It’s the heart that drives people so it can grow as string as you need it to.
I do not fear death. I only fear my rage will fade over time.
Funny Anime Quotes
One funny anime quote comes from the show One Piece, in which the character Usopp says
“A liar who doesn’t get caught is not a liar, they’re a superb liar.”
Another funny quote comes from the show Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, in which the character Edward Elric declares
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy’s first law of equivalent exchange.”
In the show My Hero Academia, the character All Might states
“Don’t underestimate a man with nothing left to lose!” And in the popular show Attack on Titan, one funny quote comes from the character Levi, who says “I’m not short, I’m concentrated awesomeness.”
These funny anime quotes may make you laugh, but they also reveal the clever wit and humor of the characters who say them.
Anime Quotes About Life
We’ve all seen them plastered on Instagram captions and Pinterest boards – Anime Quotes About Life. But do they hold any weight? Can a simple quote genuinely have an impact on our lives?
Well, I believe it can.
When we come across a quote that resonates with us, it can give us a new perspective and inspire us to make positive changes.
So go ahead, and scroll through those quote boards because you never know which phrase will be the one to shift your mindset and enhance your life.
1. “If you don’t like your fate, fight for it.” – Gintama
2. “I can only go forward and never back. That’s why I believe in the future.” – Code Geass
3. “No matter how much betrayal hurts, people live on.” – Fullmetal Alchemist
4. “The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out.” – Naruto
5. “Whenever you’re feeling helpless, just remember: at some point, everyone starts off as a beginner.” – Haikyuu!!
6. “I may not be able to stop the future from coming, but I’ll do everything in my power to shape it to my liking.” – Death Note
7. “We all make choices in life, but in the end our choices make us.” – Cowboy Bebop
8. “No matter how many weapons you have, no matter how great your technology might be, the world cannot live without love.” – Mobile Suit Gundam
9. “It’s not always necessary to be strong, but to feel strong is what really matters.” – Attack on Titan
10. “In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.” – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
11. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Naruto
12. “In this world, there are things you can only do alone, and things you can only do with someone else. It’s important to figure out which is which.” – Nana
13. “Even if the world is against you, never give up hope.” – One Piece
14. “We all have reasons for our actions. But in the end, we are responsible for our choices.” – Death Note
15. “No matter how many wounds you have, it’s up to you whether or not they turn into scars.” – Black Butler
16. “Even if the world is filled with evil, as long as there is someone who fights for justice, then there will always be hope.” – Gintama
17. “You have to let go of your regrets. Leave them behind, and face forward.” – Wolf’s Rain
18. “Don’t fear obstacles. Just because something is hard, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try.” – Your Lie in April
19. “No matter how much pain there is now, someday it will heal. And we’ll laugh about it someday.” – Naruto
20. “The world isn’t perfect, and things don’t always go the way we planned. But that’s no excuse to give up hope.” – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
21. “It’s not about being better than someone else, it’s about being better than the person you were yesterday.” – Hunter x Hunter
22. “People can only live by accepting the reality of their lives. The pain and suffering that come with that acceptance is what makes us human.” – Rurouni Kenshin
23. “Do what you have to do, and don’t let anyone stop you.” – Neon Genesis Evangelion
24. “In the end, we are all alone in this world. It’s up to us to make our own happiness.” – Eureka Seven
25. “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” – Unknown (thought to be from Fullmetal Alchemist)
26. “The road to happiness is paved with trials and hardships, but it’s worth the struggle.” – Fairy Tail
27. “No matter what happens, never lose sight of who you are.” – Soul Eater
28. “In life, there will always be obstacles. It’s up to you to overcome them and become stronger.” – One Piece
29. “Even when walking down a dark path, as long as you have the courage to keep going, you will eventually find your way to the light.” – InuYasha
30. “People can change. They can even become completely different from who they were before. But that doesn’t mean they forget their past, it just shapes who they are now.” – InuYasha
31. “Don’t let your past define who you are. It’s about how you choose to move forward and become a better person.” – Black Butler
32. “No matter how tough life may seem, there is always something worth living for.” – Fullmetal Alchemist
33. “A person may have failed countless times, but as long as they stand up again, they are not a failure.” – Blue Exorcist
34. “A strong person isn’t someone who never has any problems; it’s someone who deals with their problems and keeps moving forward.” – Bleach
35. “The only way to find true happiness is to risk everything and go after your dreams.” – InuYasha
Sad Anime Quotes
There are many sad anime quotes in popular anime series, such as Your Lie in April, Naruto, and Fullmetal Alchemist. These quotes often capture the characters’ deep emotions as they struggle with loss, heartbreak, and difficult decisions.
Some famous Sad Anime Quotes include:
- “I wanted to protect my precious person. But in the end, I couldn’t even protect myself.” – Eren Yeager, Attack on Titan
- “People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define ‘reality’. But what does it mean to be ‘correct’ or ‘true’? Merely vague concepts… Their ‘reality’ may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to be living their lives truly?” – Itachi Uchiha, Naruto
- “I will keep walking, even if it’s on broken glass.” – Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
These Sad Anime Quotes remind us of the hardships and emotional challenges that characters face in these stories and often leave us feeling moved and reflective on our own experiences.
Sad Anime Quotes can also serve as inspiration for overcoming challenges and remaining strong in the face of adversity. So remember, even in the darkest moments, keep moving forward as these characters do.
Kurosaki Ichigo Quotes
1. “I have been protecting you all this time, pretending to be strong. But the truth is, I’m not. I am afraid of losing my loved ones.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
2. “I want to protect those dear to me. That is what I live for.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
3. “I will never run away, no matter how tough things get. I want to stand and fight.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
4. “There is always a choice. You just have to find it.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
5. “No one can understand another person’s pain or joy unless they’ve walked in their shoes.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
6. “I will never forgive anyone who hurts my friends. That’s just how it is.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
7. “Sacrificing the few to save the many…is that justice? I don’t know. But, without hesitation, I’ll eliminate anyone who threatens my friends.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
8. “The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
9. “I refuse to run away and hide anymore. I am tired of being afraid.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
10. “I will never surrender, even if it means death.” – Kurosaki Ichigo
Inspirational Anime Quotes
One of the great things about anime is finding inspirational quotes and life lessons in the stories. Here are some inspirational quotes from popular anime series:
- “People living deeply have no fear of death.” – Naoto Kan, Your Lie in April
- “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” – Buddha, Fruits Basket
- “Never forget. Never forgive. That is my principle.” – Light Yagami, Death Note
- “If you don’t stand up for yourself, no one else will.” – Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
- “In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.” – Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Saitama, One Punch Man
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Haruki Murakami, Neon Genesis Evangelion
- “In this world, it’s kill or be killed. Those who are weak, the ones that stray from the path of survival… they will only meet their end.” – Levi Ackerman, Attack on Titan
- “If you want to change your fate, you have to keep moving forward. You can’t just sit there and wait for something to happen.” – Hinata Shoyo, Haikyuu!!
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Theodore Roosevelt, Nana
No matter what challenges you may face in life, let these inspirational anime quotes serve as a source of motivation and encouragement. Keep striving towards your goals, and never give up!